Automotive Paint Repair in The Las Vegas Valley
Our Painting Process
- Tucker’s Collision Center painters begin by making sure they’re working on a flawlessly clean surface, removing all dirt, grease, and other materials that get in in the way of an immaculate finish.
- The vehicle is then prepped and primer is applied and cured.
- The surface area is then sanded down and prepped for paint.
- To ensure factory finish, our technicians mix the colored base coat to match the original color.
- After the base coat, the clear topcoat is applied. This restores the vehicle’s natural gloss.
- If there are any blemishes left after the paint is fully dry, our painters lightly sand and polish any affected areas to a perfect shine.
If your vehicle’s paint finish has been scratched, chipped, or severely damaged in an accident, Tucker’s Collision Center is the place to go for paint jobs in the Las Vegas Valley.
We employ the best talent in the industry, the very best products, and the latest technology to restore your paint’s look and feel.
Why Professional Paint Restoration
Some automotive repairs can be done at home if you have the tools and necessary skills.
However, it is highly recommended you have all paint restoration or touch-ups done by a professional.
There are many reasons for this, including:
- A lack of training can lead to uneven painting.
- Professional painting is done safely within a painting booth and using proper safety gear. Breathing in fumes can be dangerous. Some people try to rectify this by painting outside. However, doing so can lead to dirt, bugs, and other contaminants ruining your paint job.
- Professional painters will always properly dispose of any hazardous materials. This is better for you, your family, your pets, and the environment. No one wants potentially dangerous waste products lying around.
Factory Paint Color Matching
Auto paint colors are made up of a combination of pigment colors and metallic components, such as pearls. Today, the average paint code has between three to seven alternates that are worth formulating. There is actually more but the auto paint manufacturers have narrowed them to down to keep the databases simple to use.
There are many different variations of your vehicle’s factory color. And to make things more difficult to match, there are outside influences which affect your vehicle’s exact gradient.
Metallic color components will cause variances in color when applied. Temperature, paint film thickness, flash off time between coats, fluid tip sizes, speed of the spray gun, surface type (Plastic or Metal) and humidity will all cause the color to shift lighter or darker.
So basically, no two cars are exactly the same.
Color matching isn’t just a simple science. It’s an art.
Here at Tucker’s Collision Center, we use our state of the art color matching technology alongside your manufacturer’s paint code to find the perfect gradient for your vehicle.
We then employ the proper tools and techniques to blend this matching paint with the existing color on your car, truck, or SUV. This ensures everything appears seamless.
If you’ve suffered damage in a collision or some other auto incident, you’ll want to have everything looking the way it did before.
So if you live in the Las Vegas Valley, you should come to Tucker’s for your auto painting needs!
Our paint technicians are all professionally trained, and we provide them with top quality refinishing products that are globally recognized and used by the best auto professionals in the industry. We proudly use ultra premium PPG paint products.
In addition, our paint booths have baking capabilities that produce factory type durability and finish.
Schedule your appointment with Tucker’s Collision Center today!